NOTE: Each of these events may have different health restrictions, such as requiring attendees to wear masks or be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. So please check with each respective venue and/or organizer before attending.
To have your event featured in a future edition of Let’s Do Something, email reporter Kyle Darbyson at [email protected]
• 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. – COVID Vaccination Clinic: Westman Immigrant Services (1001 Pacific Ave.) again administers Moderna and Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines through members of Prairie Mountain Health. Language support is offered at this clinic. Participants must provide their Manitoba health card or other identification.
• 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. – Mixed Ultimate Frisbee: The Westman Ultimate Disc League holds its weekly pickup game at Linden Lanes School (49 Silver Birch Dr.) in Brandon. This game is for people over 14 years old. All participants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a guardian. Pickup sets may be canceled on rainy days.
• 7:30 p.m. — East Side Band Concert: This event will serve as a showcase for the East Side Band program, which aims to prepare local elementary students in music for a high school environment. Tickets for this upcoming Western Manitoba Centennial Auditorium show are $5 per person, though there’s also a family rate of $15 (for more than eight people). These tickets can be purchased online (wmca.ca), at the WMCA box office or by calling 204-728-9510.
• 2 p.m. — ACC Graduation: Assiniboine Community College will celebrate its current crop of graduates at the Keystone Center this year. ACC students attending the college’s Parkland campus will be able to pick up their diplomas at Dauphin’s Ukrainian Orthodox Auditorium (304 Whitmore Ave. E.) on June 10.
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Global Market: Brandon’s Global Market (located at the corner of 12th Street and Rosser Avenue) is now open every Saturday until the fall. This year’s event features returning vendors and new booths with a great selection of seasonal produce, baked goods, preserves and crafts.
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Touch-A-Truck: This outdoor fundraiser gives kids the chance to interact with all kinds of vehicles on the Keystone Center grounds, including construction trucks, farm equipment, emergency vehicles , utility vehicles and more. Admission is $5 per person (cash only). The funds will go to Kokum’s Early Enrichment Program daycares.
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. — City-Wide Garage Sale: Residents of Virden are once again hosting a city-wide garage sale, with proceeds from sign-ups and card sales going toward building an outdoor space for the local Association for Community Living’s day program. . At the same time, the Wallace District Fire Department will host a BBQ at the Virden Farmers Market (565 6th Ave. S.) For more information on this event, call the Association for Community Living at 204-748-1444 .
• 9:30 p.m. — Outdoor Movie Night: Minnedosa Tourism is hosting a free outdoor screening of Robert Zemeckis’ classic 1985 film “Back to the Future” in Minnedosa Beach. Although admission to this public screening is free, a paid canteen will also be available courtesy of Valley Life Beginnings Inc.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. — Canadian Armed Forces Day: The Commonwealth Air Training Plan Museum (300 Commonwealth Way) celebrates members of the Canadian military with its own collection of Second World War aircraft. This local fleet includes British Tiger Moths, a Harvard, Cornell, Stinson and a recently restored Fleet Finch. Registration fees are $10 per person, $5 for youth and $25 for families. All military families and veterans enter for free. Food vendors will be available on site.