Is this cool?
Check out this custom motorcycle built by a Japanese bicycle manufacturer and Kid style founder, Go Takamine. Go customize a 2022 Indian Super Chief Limited for X-Men and Mad-Max: Fury Road star Nicolas Hoult. In true Go style, it took a clean, minimalist approach to construction, adding vintage elements to the bike’s modern performance.
For Hoult, Go’s vintage style and attention to detail has created a work of art that he will cherish and care for with the utmost respect.
Go’s attention to detail is unmatched and truly creative. The list of modifications includes a 1937 Ford truck fender that has been transformed into the rear fender of Holt’s bike, and neat, unique details like gnarled brass footpegs customized with American Buffalo nickels installed at the end of each peg.
List of changes
- Converting the rear suspension from a swingarm / softail to a hardtail by installing cross members from the rear axle to the main frame.
- new kid Brass style bars and risers
- Moved the digital speedometer to the lower left side of the bike just below the fuel tank. This was done by fabricating a special mounting system for the speedometer, redirecting the existing wiring from the bike to this new location.
- Cut two inches from the center of the tank to reduce it from its original size.
- Installed a new leather spring solo seat.
- Used the spare wheel fender (originally fitted to the tailgate of the old truck) from a 1937 Ford Truck and converted it to the new rear fender for this chef. Finished the rear fender with an original fender cap adorned with a 40s Indian chief
- Short and discreet sissy bar for rear mudguard.
- Manufacture and installation of a new set of custom tapered end exhaust pipes.
- Brass installed, knotty footrest and footrest including real US Buffalo Nickels at the ends of the footrests.
- New headlight installed with integrated vintage Indian Motorcycle brass piece.
- Created upper fork leg covers to create an old fashioned muscular look for the front.
- Side Mount Installed (Left Side) Brat Style / Shi-Sa tail light and license plate holder
- Repainted the bike in shiny black, with silver scallops on the tank and a logo in gold Indian script.
Go also converted the bike to a hardtail, for a truly vintage and minimalist look and feel.
Talk about the ultimate Christmas present for a motorcycle lover!?!