David Pastrnak opened the scoring in Buffalo early in the 1st. Marchand got away with a cross-check on Dahlin who spat the puck. 1-0 Bruins.
Despite the penalties, the B scored another goal before the end of the period. Tomas Nosek with his 1st goal as Bruin made it 2-0 by finishing a nice pass from Coyle and Hall. 2-0 Bruins.
Former Saber Linus Ullmark made 15 !!! records in the 1st to keep the B’s in place. Nothing better than that.
At the start of the second, Charlie Coyle extended the Bruins’ lead over the PP (Dahlin in the box for hanging Pastrnak). Sliiiick feed from Brad Marchand. 3-0 for the Bruins.
Victor Olofsson ruined Linus Ullmark’s shutout at the end of the 3rd. 3-1.
Taylor Hall (who got booed all night) finished the Sabers with an ENG. 4-1 Bruins.
FINAL: Boston 4, Buffalo 1
News, Notes and Quotes:
– With Nick Foligno (day-to-day, upper body) out of the roster, Anton Blidh made his season debut at 4LW. Tomas Nosek took Foligno’s place, but played the majority of tonight’s game with Hall and Coyle. FrÃ©dÃ©ric centered the 4th line, by far his best game of the year. John Moore replaced Connor Clifton on the 3rd pairing.
– Anton Blidh suffered an upper body injury and did not finish the game.
– David Pastrnak opened the scoring with his first of the year. Pastrnak is second behind Marchand for the most opening goals of the game with 47 in his career (Marchand has 49).
– Brad Marchand with 2 apples tonight. I set up the first of the year for Pasta and fed Coyle on the PP. Furnished Rasmus Dahlin. I just did everything tonight. Animal. I loved this clip from the post-match interview with Buccigrossâ¦
– I said it in the last match but Tomas Nosek has been noticed all year, it’s good to see him rewarded tonight. Has been moved to play with Hall and and Coyle. His teammate Charlie Coyle with a big night at 3 points (1G, 2A).
– Craig Smith took a day of maintenance Thursday and didn’t look well tonight. I don’t know what’s bothering him but a tough night for the third row.
– Linus Ullmark made his first start in goal for the B tonight. His best game in the Bruins’ uniform (since we saw him in preseason). Made 15 saves in the 1st half alone. Solid as a rock. We’ll see who gets the net in the future. Ullmark finished the night with 34 saves on 35 shots.
– Tonight’s game was broadcast exclusively on ESPN + / Hulu. I get ESPN wants everyone to sign up for ESPN +, and it’s worth it IMO (NHL tv is no longer), but I also understand the frustrations of people who can’t get it locally on cable . My stream sometimes had a buffer and had to pay for cable on top of a subscription so you didn’t miss out on a game that definitely stinks and irritates fans. Had to explain to my parents where / how to log in so they didn’t miss it, I’m sure other people haven’t been so lucky. I think ESPN taking ownership of the NHL rights is huge for the sport, but hey, it’s not going to be perfectâ¦ just my 2 cents.
Unlike Philadelphia, the B’s have buried their chances tonight. Big rebound victory. Back in the column of victories.
The B’s are back Sunday morning against the San Jose Sharks 4-0.
It was a great night to win a hockey game.